Tanzania is a country in Africa stunningly beautiful, with a variety of recreational opportunities such as safari, wonderful scenery, wildlife and last but not least the famous mountain Kilimanjaro. Here are some of the most unforgettable tourist attractions in Tanzania.
1. At 5,892 meters (19,331 feet) above sea level, Kilimanjaro is Africa’s highest peak and the world’s highest free-standing mountain. Even if you fail to get on it, you can enjoy a walk through the rain forest at its base, populated by elephants, rhinos, leopards and monkeys.
2. Zanzibar – the paradise island, located on the coast of Tanzania, is a mysterious place with white sandy beaches, crystal clear water full of corals. Here you will find also numerous bazaars, mosques, gardens and narrow streets full of charm. Also you may visit Stone Town, which is the most important city of the island, a typical African city, exotic, with a warm and humid climate.
3. Ngorongoro National Park contains a treasure of animals: lions, elephants, rhinos, grazing, flamingos that inhabit Lake Magadi, a salty lake. For this reason, the park has been compared to Noah’s Ark and the Garden of Paradise. Ngorongoro Crater – a sensational view.
4. Serengeti National Park – The most famous park in Tanzania, and the big game safari destinations, where you can see the African elephant, buffalo, leopards and also the wildlife migration of wildebeest and zebra.
5. Lake Manyara National Park – with its forests of fig trees, acacia and mahogany, allows you to see the rich flora and fauna, including hundreds of species of birds, hippos, elephants, giraffes and also a rarity: the climbing lions.
6. Arusha National Park – offers spectacular forms of volcanic, flamingos around the lake, and a beautiful view of Mount Meru.