You wanna go somewhere this weekend and have no idea where? Well, Barcelona may be an option. Filled with history, architectural beauty and with a striking artistic splash of color, seems the ideal destination for a weekend in Europe. Here are some tips for your lovely journey!
There are some tourist information centres in Barcelona. The most important is next to Las Ramblas, Catalunya Square. From there you can buy tickets for FC Barcelona matches.
- Barcelona card offers free transport, free entrance to some museums, free admission to 23 different attractions and discounts at many museums, shops and restaurants.
- The card can be purchased for a period of 2 to 5 days with prices between 35 and 60 Euros. Good to know: you can get additional discounts if you buy online and also you have included a city and metro map.
- Local currency is Euro.
- Shopping period starts in the first week of July until the end of August and the winter sales begin in the second week of January until the end of February.
Barcelona is a city of numerous shopping areas.
- Passeig de Gracia is the longest avenue of Barcelona. Here you can find numerous shops of the most famous fashion houses and also small shops with souvenirs and decorations.
- Catalonia’s market with El Corte Ingles department store
- Avinguda Diagonal with many shops and malls
- Rambla de Catalunya
- Malls- Mare Magnum, Diagonal Mar, llla Diagonal, Las Arenas, Corte Ingles
- Outside of town: La Roca Village Outlet – from Passeig de Gracia, no 6, take a 50 minutes express coach operated by Sagalés. The price is 12 Euros/person roundtrip. Here you can find all the well-known clothes shops and home products. The prices are quite affordable.