Central Park is one of the places that make New York an authentic American metropolis with 341 acres, located in Manhattan, with several lakes, theaters, ice rinks, fountains, tennis courts, basketball courts and playgrounds for children. There is also the Central Park Zoo and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
It is large enough not to get bored, there seems to be very busy, with pedestrians or bands for cyclists and runners. Several of the entrance gates in Central Park are beautifully decorated; among them are the Vanderbilt Gate, Engineers ‘Gate and especially Merchants’ Gate.
The most important monument in Central Park is Cleopatra’s Needle, a genuine Egyptian obelisk found near the Great Lawn. Obelisk is located near the Metropolitan Museum of Art, one of the most important museums, with an enormous collection of art from around the world covering the period from prehistory to the present day.
If you are in New York visit:
- Empire State Building, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, MoMA, Circle Line Cruise – a cruise on Hudson River, around Manhattan, during which you will see very close the Statue of Liberty.
- Rockefeller Center (Rockefeller Plaza or) is a famous place in NYC, is where rises the famous Christmas tree, symbol of NY, famous ice rink that you see in all the movies, a complex of famous buildings around 18-20 seat NBC television
- Rockefeller Building, from which you have a beautiful panorama, precisely because you will see the Empire State and Central Park, in their entire splendor
- The famous zoo in Brooklyn
- Visit the main objectives of Manhattan: Empire State Building, Broadway, Fifth Avenue, Chinatown, Little Italy, Brooklyn Bridge, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Times Square, World Trade Center Memorial, Central Park, American Museum of Natural History